Become part of a team of unique individuals united and driven by our core values of social justice, diversity, inclusion, empowerment, personal health, environmental sustainability, and fun.We work hard because we envision a society that is prepared to include everyone.
COMMUNITY INCLUSION SPECIALIST
Does this sound like you?
- I have a desire to create an equitable society.
- I can ensure the safety of others through good judgement and decision-making.
- I can facilitate conversation between the community and the participants I would be supporting.
- I can teach life skills through creative, dignified support.
- I can model a commitment to health, wellness, and environmental sustainability.
- I can be described as responsible, reliable, and flexible.
- I can handle a good challenge and enjoy problem-solving.
- I have a fairly good understanding of the concepts of power and privilege--and what I don't know I am eager to learn.
What you need to know: The Inclusion Specialist supports a small group of 2-3 participants at a time while navigating the community and engaging in participant-preferred activities. This job requires the stamina to provide adequate physical, social and emotional assistance and direct personal care (i.e. using bathroom, eating, etc.). Driving is not required for this job because we take public transportation and/or walk to our destinations (Staff are provided with bus fare when working).
A must: This position requires passing a criminal background check and completing First Aid/CPR certification. Also required for employment: maintaining minimum competency requirements outlined during orientation, and complying with mandatory abuse reporting.
Benefits: Self-care program. Strength’s Finder profile. Medical & dental benefits available to full-time team members (30 hours/week minimum eligibility).
Pay: $13.00-$13.50/ hr. during training phase (may last up to 12 weeks), then $13.25-$16.00/ hr. depending on demonstration of knowledge and application of core direct support professional competencies (please reference https://nadsp.org/15-competency-areas/ )
Hours: 32 – 40 per week, Monday through Friday, 9:30 am – 4:00 pm, occasionally Saturdays 10:00 am – 3:00 pm.
To apply, e-mail a letter of interest and your resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, type "Inclusion Specialist (Your last name)."